05 Jan Community Security Alert
There has been an increase in vehicle break-in reports in Waterford Trails.
These are happening during overnight hours, when residents leave their vehicles unattended for long periods of time. All burglaries involved vehicles left unlocked and parked in driveways or on the street.
Although we have a new security team, they are not 24/7. As a precaution, we want to remind you to park your cars in your garages whenever possible. If you park outside your garage, please remember to:
- Always lock your car doors.
- If you have an alarm system, activate it every time you leave the vehicle.
- Don’t leave valuables in your car, including your garage-door opener.
- If you do have to leave small items in the car, such as a GPS device, stash them in the glove compartment or under a seat.
- Report suspicious activity such as someone walking down your street and peering into vehicles. Your call might help police catch someone who’s been breaking into cars all over town.Thank You.